To prevent pests from infesting your home this winter, NPMA recommends following these tips:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home.
- Inspect wires, insulation and walls for gnaw marks, which may indicate a rodent infestation.
- Store boxes off of the floor to prevent rodents from residing in undisturbed areas.
- Keep branches and shrubbery trimmed away from the home.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from the home and five feet off the ground.
- If you suspect an infestation, contact a pest professional.