At Spire Pest of Richmond, we know that the best way to keep pests out of your home is to pest proof it! If you feel this is something that you cannot do yourself give us a call we are happy to help (804)396-2704. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Seal up any cracks or openings in your home’s exterior. Pests can easily enter your home through these openings, so it’s important to seal them up as best as you can.
2. Make sure your home is properly weather-proofed. Pests like to enter homes that are poorly weather-proofed, so make sure your windows and doors are sealed tightly and that your roof is in good condition.
3. Install a door sweep on all of your exterior doors. This will help to keep pests out of your home.
4. Keep your home clean and free of clutter. Pests like to live in dirty, cluttered environments, so keeping your home clean will help to deter them. Sealing food such as sugar, flour, grain, and cereals in a air tight container will cut down on pest invading your pantry or kitchen.
5. Regularly inspect your home for signs of pest activity. If you notice any signs of pests, such as droppings, chewed-up material, or holes in your walls or ceilings, contact a Spire Pest professional immediately.
By following these tips, you can help to keep pests out of your home and protect yourself from the many dangers they pose. For more information on pest proofing your home, contact Spire Pest of Richmond today (804)396-2704! We’re here to help!